Friday, December 16, 2016

3MMRC: Wrap up

So the 3 months is over.  My final week I got very little done.  I broke apart and then painted the wrecked Warjack for the Judicator's base.  I started on but failed to finish 6 Knights Exemplar after discovering part way through the 1st of the Man-o-Wars that I was pretty much out of my base coat for the red.






On the terrain front I did get some work done on a Rumble sized (30" X 30") Mat using the caulking on Canvas method I am hoping to get some paint on it tomorrow.  I also finished basing the winter trees.



So how did this challenge go?  Not well.  All told I ended up finishing the 3 months with more models on my mountain than I started.  I was doing fairly well and then my wife found an awesome deal on some a Huge lot of Menoth stuff on E-bay.  She decided to bid on it for me and we won it for a hell of a deal, about $600+ dollars worth of stuff for about $275.  I have mixed feelings, a lot of it was stuff I didn't have and while we are planing on selling about half of it after Christmas is over It still left me with about 67 models to paint.  Some of which thanks to focusing on Menoth during the Courage at the Crossroads League is already painted but when my grand total of painted models for the challenge works out to 66 it leaves me a little disheartened.  I did manage to sell off about 20 other models that never would have gotten painted and have about another 70 or so ready for Ebay after Christmas break (not including the Menoth lot).  I do think that 3 months worked better than 6 and I think in another 6 months I may try another personal challenge of some type for about 3 months.  

So where does that leave this Blog.  Well I do have plans to transfer some of my posts form my Dakka Dakka Blog to this one.  In addition I am thinking of doing some tutorial types for some upcoming terrain projects.  Also I have this strange desire to post write ups of the IKRPG game as it progresses. We will see after the 1st what happens.  As for now Happy Holidays and Happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment