Sunday, October 1, 2017

6MMRC 2017 Week 13: Characters and Commissions and a Mid challenge assessment.

Greetings all, here is this weeks update.  I finished the Primaris Marines, completing all of the models in my Dark Imperium set and marking the 1st time since 2nd Ed. Warhammer 40K that I have painted all the models in a starter set.  Over all I ma very happy with the look of the army so far, though I will be taking a much needed break from blue after next week.  I have been doing all the insignia on these models free hand to help better hone those skills.  I must say I am getting much better at painting the upside down Omega of the Ultramarines as well as skulls.



Upon finishing The Interceptors, Captain, and Lieutenants I started working on the last of the Boys in Blue for a little while, and also took on a commission.  I don't do many, but i have in the last few years started taking some here and there to help fund my Hobby.  It seemed like a perfect time to take this one, since I was already painting the model anyways.  So here are the WIP pictures of my Roboute Guilliman alongside his clone.  I have left the heads out to allow swapping from bare/helmeted head since they friction fit in very well.  He is an awesome and elaborate model and I am having a lot of fun painting him up.  I know Ultramarines and Guilliman especially get a bad wrap among 40k fans but I have always been a fan of the boy scout characters like him (Cyclops was always my favorite X-Men.)  I am hoping to have him done this coming week alongside the commission and then it will be on to my Armies on Parade Entry for this year. 


While saving the pictures for this weeks posting I realized that this is the halfway point of this challenge.  So I am going to review what I have accomplished in these last 3 months.  First off 139 miniatures are painted.  I have used four Jokers and Earned four Jokers.  I have completed three of the four Jokers I have bought.  I have painted two complete Games Workshop Start Collecting boxes and finished all the models I owned for Malifaux. Overall if I did not finish another model during this challenge I would consider it a Success.  With what I have planned fro my Armies on Parade entry I should be able to consolidate my Space Marines and what I have left of IG into a single file box.  This would drop the number of file boxes from Six when I moved here down to three.  I hope everyone else is having as much success reducing their Mountain and I am loving the posts  on Facebook of everyone's WIP.  Until next week Happy Hobbying all!

1 comment: