Thursday, October 13, 2016

3MMRC: Week 2 - finding motivation...

So that is my progress on week 2. I managed all but final high lights on the 3 Grind Jacks and just need to finish eyes and basing on the Gun mage. Though I did finish my building(s) for the 4th Achievement of the Crossroads of Courage Season 1. I am finding myself struggling for motivation to paint. I had intended to have the 3 jacks painted for this last weeks adventure and managed what you see in the picture. The gun mage who is so far the Campaigns Big Bad was 1 of my jokers. I had always intended to get the model and when I stopped into a recently opened game store in my community there the model was on the rack. Ironically I had just finished the last figure of the party when in a side adventure that should have barely been challenging the party managed to wipe itself. I fudged the rolls as often as I could but short of just failing every roll I could not counter half the parties desire to just do the dumbest things possible. Some of them are keeping character images that will be very similar though the other 2 (the ones that basically got he party killed) will be going in completely different routes. I really need to work on knocking down some more of my back log of 40K stuff but every time I think about it I just feel discouraged. Considering how little I have played 40k in the last couple of years I figure that is the biggest part of it. I have played the game for so long and love the armies I have built but I have not truly had fun playing the game since 6th edition. I enjoyed my time playing Warmachine in the Crossroads League and the fact that even with a 1/5 win loss rate during the League I am still doing better than I am at 40k and while winning has never been terribly important to me I am thinking my 1/90ish win loss rate with 40k may be a factor in working on the models. Anyways hoping to finish the last bits of the models and maybe start on some of the other stuff on my shelf here this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment