Tuesday, October 25, 2016

3MMRC: Week3-4 Two weeks in one because posting is not my strong suit.

So week 3 was minimal progress and a missed post.  Week 4 was considerably more productive.
So first up we have my week 3 progress was The Thing in the Woods from Mordhiem.  This is a model I got in a lot of stuff I picked up to do my Beastmen Renegades.  I was knew it was a GW model but had no idea what it was till a buddy of mine that played Mordhiem told me.  Alas I don't play the game and really just painted it up because it looked fun.  It will probably be posted on E-bay tonight.




So this weekend at one of the FLGS we had a Kill Team tourney for which I drug out my Beastmen Renegades.  I finished dead last and lost 5/6 games.  That said I still had fun and now understand why everyone hated me when I played Eldar with my friends way back in 3rd edition 40K. Playing in the tourney rekindle some of my desire to play and build my 40K stuff and so I finally put paint on 2 of the models that were assembled and primed during the last challenge, and took 2 of the bodies I had and added grenade launchers to make the Platoon of Flak armored Ungor more cohesive, swapping out the 2 plasma guns in squad 2.


Lastly I finished putting together the rest of the Plague Zombies to fill the unit out at 20.  I had a fun building some of them though they are kind of a throw away unit for me.  I don't know if they will ever see play time but they are something I have wanted to do for a long while.  I even managed to paint them and assemble the rest of the cultists form the Dark Vengeance sets I had.  I got 5 of them painted last night in the scheme I developed also during the last challenge.  I am back and forth on it but its an easy pattern ant looks okay for the 40K fluff of Nurgle zombies.  I will not repeat this scheme on any other zombie models but I think it works for them,


So hopefully by next week I will put a dent in the rest of the Plague Zombies and Cultists.  They are all being done in a variation of the Dip method with a little bit of extra highlighting so they should go quick.  After that I will see what I can do next.  This week I managed to trade 3 Killa Kans, a Trukk, 10 Boyz 5 Nobz, and a Warboss for 16 Beserkers and 10 Raptors.  I think I may tackle the Beserkers which are going to become Bolter toting Chaos Marines for my World Eaters Army for some of the new Traitor's Hate formations.  I may also take on the Raptors which will be added to my Black Legion Forces we will see where my whims take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment