Saturday, October 1, 2016

3 Month Mountain Reduction Challenge Week 1

So I started this blog got 2 posts up and then left it behind, I have had a Project Log on Dakka Dakka for a bit. During my Dakka Dakka time I did a personal 6MMRC. This September started a shorter one, this time only 3 months, since I still have a chunk of my mountain I figured I would take part. In the time since my 6MMRC I have swung heavily into the Iron Kingdoms, participating in a Journeyman League for Warmachine and starting an Iron Kingdoms RPG group. That brings us to week 1 of the 3MMRC. Week 1 was mostly stuff for my IKRPG group. I had one Player Character left to convert and paint Ed Carington, an Aristocrat/Investigator. He is a very flamboyant character and we used an old IKRPG model Guildon for the base. I switched out the Electro Rod with the cane sword and removed the sword from his back. I then sculpted out some of the back lost with the sword and added a pistol holstered on his leg. Also from the groups last adventure I have Anna Kareen and Vincent striker. The Journeyman Warcasters competing in a Grind Match (I am running it as an illegal Jack Fighting game in my campaign.) I also added paint to Anna's Jacks as they and her will be recurring NPC's in the campaign. Something else that occurred this week was a Painting Competition at my FLGS. The challenge was 2 fold the first one was to bring in a painted copy of the Slaughterpriest from September's White Dwarf. The 2nd part was a speed painting competition of an Eldar Death Jester. I took 3rd in the WD model and 4th in the speed painting. I managed to get all but the basing done on it before time was called so not too bad for an hour of painting.
So there you have it my first weeks worth of work. Not as much as most weeks during my 6MMRC but a good start. Here's the group shot, sorry for the crappy photos but didn't get the photo box set up and wife had the camera so they were taken with my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment