Sunday, July 16, 2017

6MMRC 2017 Week 2: The Ball is Rolling

So Week 2 got a little more done then week 1.  I finished the last of my primed cultists and Also got my Valkia conversion painted up.  I am very happy with the cultists and that will now give me 20 painted to a level to match the rest of my Chaos forces.  I am still on the fence on what to do with the rest of them, I was hoping to work out a trade with the local community, 1-1 swap of one of the painted cultists for an unpainted one but no one wants to trade it seems. 
The Valkia project was one I had come to mind when I first saw that model. She reminded me of a Sister of Battle Seraphim but corrupted.  So her fluff in Voranicus' Cohort of the Undying is that she was captured during a battle and forced to fight in the gladiatorial arena's of Voranicus' domain.  There the corruption and then blessing of Khorne slowly turned her into one of the Champions of Voranicus' host, she now treads into battle beside the mighty Daemon prince revealing in the blood lust of Khorne.

On the assembly front I assembled the last 3 Cultist models I had.  I also got the last infantry squad for my World Eaters host assembled.  I had traded some AoBR Orks and a spare truck to a local guy for 16 Beserkers and 10 Raptors.  I had already finished 8 of the Beserkers converted to CSM with some simple arm swaps so this finishes out that set.  I even managed to get a little paint started on the World Eaters after I finished Valkia.

 
Next weeks goal is to finish the models I assembled this week and, if one of the FLGS has managed to get in some Macragae Blue, assemble and prime the Pirmaris Half of the Dark Imperium box.  Until next week Happy Hobbying all.

No comments:

Post a Comment