Wednesday, November 15, 2017

6MMRC 2017 Weeks 19: Of Commissions and Charity

Another late post but at least its not a week late this time.  I made some progress on my mountain this week and also finished a commission.  My progress this week was finishing up some models that I started back during the Konor Campaign, mainly the last 10 of my Space Marine Terminators.  I also finished up another Rhino I had base coated at some point.  I also started working my 2nd set of Shadow War Armageddon  Terrain. 


I also knocked out a commission  for the same guy I painted up the Guilliman for.  The model was a Falchion Super heavy tank.  It was fun to build and paint and I think it turned out pretty awesome.  The gentleman was very happy with the finished product and even fielded it the next day at a tourney.



Speaking of Tournaments I also participated in the same one.  The event was a Food Bank Charity event.  The entry fee was nonperishable food with the option of earning cheats for additional donations.  I had a pretty good time even though I ma pretty sure I finished 2nd to last.  I brought my Chaos Renegades supported by my Renegade Knight.  The list did okay but defiantly highlighted the weakness to the current Renegades and Heretics Army list.  MY Militia were WAY over coasted and pretty much failed to accomplish anything of note.  Managing to kill only 5 Tau drones during the entire course of he campaign.  The other models managed to hold up their own with the Leman Russ Exterminator working far better than I expected.


My main focus this week is to knock out the Shadow War Terrain as well as some other smaller terrain projects.   I have some buildings that I purchased form the original release of the plastic buildings by GW back in 2006.  I have started to paint them previously but was pretty unhappy with the final product.  My hope is that before the end of the year I will have these completed.  Well that is all for now Happy Hobbying all.



No comments:

Post a Comment